Old 08-04-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
sisyphus25

It'll be three days for me later today. Although that's not a huge accomplishment (especially after over two years of repeated attempts to stay clean, but never managing more than 26 days) - I'm in a good place at least for today, and I'm going to try some things that I've never committed to in the past.

Registering this account is one thing. Opening up to some of my friends and family about the severity and my difficulties is another. But most importantly, I think, I'll be going to an AA meeting tomorrow at 7.

I've been to meetings before (maybe ten in total), but I never committed myself -not even so much to the program - but to the simple act of returning to the meetings themselves. I want to find a sponsor to help me through the first few weeks so I can finally make it past that one month hump. And then I'll move from there.

This has been (and continues to be) the most difficult struggle of my life, but I refuse to give up, and I take some solace in the fact that, at the very least, I can completely and wholeheartedly admit that I am an alcoholic.