Thread: sister blues...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 11:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Refiner

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
It's not like she's been a very good sister to me like, ever. Maybe acceptance is the key?
YES ^^^^^^ THIS. My alkie sister is a N and I went NO CONTACT with her 100% finally. It's been like 2-1/2 years so far, and I am a much happier person for it. She's just a manipulative, nasty person and has been this way since able to walk. You called her out on something and she turns into a visceral, cornered animal. That's what N's do. And they HAVE to retaliate in some way... hence the unfriending on FB. My guess is she never EVER intended to visit you in the first place. That she knew that was probably the "nice and polite" thing that people do, so she made it sound like she was. Then she didn't. She was hoping it all would just "blow over" with you. Then you called her out. Unless there's something in it for them (i.e. actually feeling real joy out of a visit and meeting your baby), you can forget it. N's need their "supply" and if it wasn't going to deliver one, to He** with you. Do yourself a favor... just accept that's WHO SHE IS. And for Goodness sakes, don't accept a 5th "friend request" from her when she gets over her hissy fit!