Thread: Keeping going
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 02:33 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Oswin

Day 18, feeling a lot less down. Still feeling tired but that's not as bad as it was. Set myself some personal goals that I want to achieve in the next few years and that's helped me focus on the future. I can't achieve these goals if I go back to drinking.

I've cut down on the sugar as the cravings not as bad now and I think it was making me feel rough. I was going a bit mad on it. Trying to eat healthier and look after myself now.

Read a lot on here about looking after your own sobriety and letting others look after theirs. Which has helped me deal with my DH and other people's drinking. It's up to them if they choice to get sober and I'm just going to walk away if they get to an annoying level of drunkeness. I am concerned with my DH's health a he is diabetic, with high BP and cholesterol and shouldn't drink on the meds he's on. But I know he isn't going to quit. Hopefully me being sober will have a positive affect on his drinking. But me nagging especially after the amount I used to drink is not going to change anything.

I read on a thread on SR the comment I love drinking, but I love my children more. This has really hit home with me. I want to be fit and healthy and be around for my kids. My friend died from cancer this year at 56 leaving her husband, 2 daughters in their 20s and a grandaughter of 3. She fought cancer for years to try and be here for them and there was me living in a half dead state not appreciating the life I am lucky enough to still have.

So feeling determined and positive today.