Old 08-03-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
MesaMan

LBrain ~

Kewl! Sounds like you got this one, Senor! Here's some Pix in case one of these Pergola ideas would float your Aesthetic Boat, and allow you to skip the Notching 'stuff'. Me, I'm likely gonna do that bit where you put 2 identical Joists on both top sides of a Post. I like that look, and I'd rather bolt the Poo_peh outta things than I would do Chisel work. Also, I like those massive Bolts you see through Beams in Lofts, and on Ocean Piers. As the old Marketing Saying went: 'If you can't hide it, feature it'! With stout-enough Braces on a 45 Degree Angle up top, the Structure won't rack laterally.

- Pergola Cross Bracing Pix -

Nice Movie System U-75! We hope to do 'Movies On The Mesa', and hang a giant Screen off a huge Porch Beam I set. Drag out some spare Amps, and some Side Fill Stage Monitors I have sitting around for that Full-Fi Sound. R&R Concert Vids would be fun, too. If I don't have a big Crowd, I could see streaming some live or You Tube Vids down the DSL Line to my Roku Box, and let the Router do the Distribution to a Vid Projector.

Lotsa 'flips' goin' on here in RV Nation. Typical Wednesday. Out with the 'old' Campers. In with the new. This >$1 Million Prevost RV Bus pulled in last Night well away from us. Took off this Morning. This Monster RV had - 4 - Rooftop A/C Units. It was so long, they needed 2 Drivers. One to separately drive out the full-size Jeep they were towing so that they could hook up the Jeep Tow Bar in a long-enough space elsewhere. Their Campsite Space here just wasn't long enough.

The Hair Trap Gizmo sounds good to me. Buy it. Clean it out occasionally.

Mebbe a weird Shower Story later...