View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nowsthetime

Beyond furious!!!

Hello guys:

I hope that you are all well in your respective corners of the world!!!

As the title says: I am beyond furious!!!

My husband (who I have had "the conversation" with a million times) just casually asked me if we could share a bottle of champagne if the presidential candidate we despise loses. (We really don't like either one but we have to pick the "less bad one".) WHAT?!?!?

I told him we couldn't that he knew very well how that could end up. So he proceed to tell me that it would only be one bottle and I said "yes, but I'm going to want to drink all of it and since I haven't have a drop in so long I would probably be very drunk and be belligerent or violent. His reply was "that's such stupid thinking". WHAT?!?!

We went back and forth and he finally goes "forget it"... So I went outside to cool off and when I came back in I told him that it made me feel hurt and sad when he asked me things like that, specially since I have been at this for over two years and I have had the conversation with him many , many times. I have posted about it before. His response: "I didn't ask you to drink with me". WHAT?!?!?

What does "can we share a bottle of champagne to celebrate" mean? He always does this and then denies it and I feel like he truly believes what he is saying. I am so angry and so hurt. So I go off on him and call him out on his lack of support his answer (as usual) "I support you". So my AV goes to it's good old "you should drink and get plastered and remind him. So I even told him that, "yeah, we should do it so I can get wasted and be an a$$"...

Geez!!!! Is this going to be forever? I also quit pot 2 weeks ago and he says he is supportive but has done things like act like he is smoking and goes "yum" or stuff like that...

I'm beyond frustrated and most of all frustrated that my AV can just pop up like that. It has been really silent lately.

What the hellllllllll!!!! How can he comprehend this? If he tells me "just have a little bit" one more time I'm going to lose it. He is so great and smart. Why can't he get this? He has codependent tendencies... Could it be he wants me drunk so that he can complain about me or trying to make me feel guilty? Arghhh.

What should I do?!?!? I can't have the same conversation with him. I'm so mad I feel nothing but disdain towards him right now. I want to call him every name in the book. This is unacceptable. I'm trying to manage my anger better. This is why I went outside to cool down. I feel like he is always trying to sabotage me. My last drunk was just that. Me drinking at him to show him... Such stupid reasoning. Stupid!!!

Help me brainstorm please!

What should I do?

Thanks is advance.