View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thelyoness83

Someone with Addicted Spouse PLEASE HELP

Hello it's been a few since I've posted. A lot of the time I don't have the mental energy to discuss or deal with the addict husband anymore. But last night came to a blow, and he left. Before he left he said manipulating things, bc I'm so angry with him I just don't even want to talk to him. So he asked rhetorical questions about how I'll feel and regret MY behavior if he was in a car wreck and died, or maybe he'll just go kill himself. That hurt the most bc my sister killed herself and he knows damn well how much statements like that will hurt me. Then he leaves. But he has supposedly been clean a month, which I do believe, but I haven't been supporting or encouraging bc I'm so mad at the past lies and hurt. His uncaring and indifferent behavior to me. So now he's clean a month and he says he thinks we're past that??? He's never apologized or sincerely been remorseful for his behavior. A month out he probably can't be yet if he ever is. But I'm so resentful and hurt and angry that I can't be his 'rock' or be sympathetic to HIS needs when he has ignored and been so oblivious to mine for soo long. Someone else with a spouse, please help. I do see where I'm being selfish but it's hard to just put these feelings aside.