Old 07-30-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Gdgirl1972

I feel pretty amazing today, and reading all your words only helps. I was lucky to get through the first 24 hours with only minimal to moderate symptoms, kept at it and got a good night sleep. I had night sweats but none of my normal night terrors. I woke up feeling a little sore but rested. My anxiety is down, sweating is still kind of present, but no shakes or anything. I think, like a PP said, by day 4 (this is day 2) I will feel like myself again.

My husband is in AA and offered to take me to a local meeting next week which I think will be scary but worth it. I'm lucky to be young (28) and healthy when I reached this revelation and my body has bounced back rather quickly. I have so much to live for and I don't want to die at the bottom of another worthless bottle of poison. I've made plans for dealing with cravings before but it never worked. AA is my new plan but also to come up with a mantra to repeat to myself every day. I know I can do this and I'm also glad to have found this place. I only post mobile so it takes longer, but I plan to stick around