Old 07-29-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gdgirl1972

First day of sobriety- someone talk me off the proverbial ledge

Today I got sober. I was on here months ago, but just wasn't ready to commit. This time, however, I'm serious as I'm fairly sure if I don't I will lose my husband, child, or my life. The reason I'm posting and a bit freaked out is that I don't feel like I'm withdrawing that bad. In the past, it's been literal days of hell. Granted, it's only been about 13-14 hours since my last drink, but I'm barely shaking, only sweating a bit. My anxiety is through the roof and I feel very edgy and paranoid (I have anxiety anyway, so it's just slightly worse than usual). At this point am I in the clear, or will I somehow feel awful tonight? I don't plan to ever have another drink again, but of course the siren song that my bad feelings will end if I have one is alluring.

I'm just looking for some support that I'm doing the right thing by quitting, as I am not able to control drinking once I start. I was drinking almost an entire 750ml of vodka through the day for the last week. In my past I've drank way more and for longer stretches. This was a bender that I should have seen coming, but wanted to believe I had control. I feel pretty good right now physically but will probably be getting ****** sleep for a few nights out of this.

So- yeah. Just looking to vent, talk and remind myself why I'm starting this last journey to sobriety.

If there's a better place to post this than in here, let me know.