Old 07-28-2016, 12:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Berrybean

I reckon you can fit in a couple of the other bits as well. If yiu wanted to. It all comes down to that willingness. But I don't know many people who got too well by just going to meetings. It's a program of action. We get the real benefits from it when we take what we learn out of the safety of the rooms and start applying it to our busy and stressful lives, because that's where the decisions, responsibilities, relationships, fears and resentments are.

The first step prayer and serenity prayer would only take a couple of minutes in the bathroom each morning.

Listening to some if the speakers is great between meetings. The site I gave you the link to has them arranged in order of steps, which I like because I can focus on ones for whatever step I'm working on. I bought a really cheap mp3 player from amazon (cheap and nasty really, but it does the job) and that means I have those speaker recordings with me to listen to while I'm doing chores, or driving to and from work, or walking. And reading, doesn't have to mean reading for hours. It could just mean 10 mins a day. It's likely that it'll end up stealing less time from your week that alcohol did. I'm a teacher, and ridiculously busy in term time. But I have learned that when I don't do those simple little things because I'm too busy, it generally is not a good day.

You're right. No one can do this in a rush. But that's more because it takes time to wrap our head about it. But like it says in How It Works, half measures avail us nothing. If we want this thing to work for us, then we have to work for it.