Thread: sorry
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

From memory ths big book says " Our description of the alcoholic, the chapter to the agnostic, and our personal adventures before and after make clear three pertinent ideas:
a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.
b) that probably no human power (inclding our own, and an AA group, my words) can remove our alcoholism
c) That God could and would if He were sought.

Being convinced were were at step three" make a decision to turn our will and out lives over.

I was in the same spot Truckinon, and I think I was going through the last stages of "being convinced" of what course of action to take.

Handing over is not a passive thing. Neither is it accomplished at step 3. This daily practice is accomplished much later in the program when all the blocks to the flow of Power have been removed.

It starts in a simple way, with a little prayer in the morning. "god, what do you want me to do today?" Having made the decision to hand over, we need to put that into effect. The first thing to do is begin removing the blockages. So what did God want me to do the very first day I actually handed over my will? Start step 4. It might be handy to have a sponsor to help me with that.