Old 07-26-2016, 12:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi Ginny

Originally Posted by GinnyV View Post
Thank you for these responses. I did find the family and friends forum but for some reason I thought I was meant to post here first. Do I just begin again and introduce myself in that forum?
It's not mandatory but yeah it's good to introduce yourself - they're a fine bunch of people in that forum just as we are here

As far as does my husband think beer doesn't count, beer is what he has always drank so I would have to answer no. Also, I both administer the Antabuse to him, watch him swallow it, and check his mouth and under his tongue. I purposely have him stay around a bit in the event he would try and throw it up.
I have no personal experience with Antabuse, but it works for a lot of people.

For others it doesn't - it either doesn't make them sick or they press on through the feeling sick.

We have been married 26 years and have 5 children. He is a HFA who in the 30 years we've been together has for the most part rank beer each night. It wasn't until his diagnosis and his inability to stay sober (he drinks in secret) that he actually considered he had a drinking problem.
Sounds like your husbad is really fighting the idea of being sober.
I'm not surprised - I have seen many similar stories - but I'm sad for you and your family.

I'm really glad you found us tho - you're not alone in this anymore

D