View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
firebolt

What are you doing to take good care of you? How about an Alanon or Celebrate Recovery meeting where you can go and get some good face to face support for you. You need some respite from all of this, it's a lot to handle. Keep posting. Know that everything that is said on this forum is said with care, and from experience from people who have, or are currently, walking the same walk. You are not alone.
Yes - what Hopeful said. You have A LOT on your plate, and all of your posts and comments are about him, his problems, and how you can make it better for him.

We all know how much an addict can take over our lives - how much we do to help them, and how much we internalize, hid, and repair to keep the damage they cause somewhat under wraps.

I did all that, and it made me physically ill. Migraines, insomnia, hypertension, my GOD....

It took everyone here saying things I didn't want to hear over and over for it to sink in that I needed to step back and take care of myself.

PLease consider that his family might be doing the right thing in stepping back to let him deal with his problems, and that it might reinforce that he has to deal with them if you stepped back too. Also - please consider that you have been through the ringer and deserve some time and space to heal yourself. Sending you some peace, clarity and hugs.