View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Katchie

Yeah, my exah would try to buy my forgiveness and that of our sons. Instead of a heart felt humble apology, it was gifts, extravagant gifts. I hated them. Towards the end, when he knew I was near finished with him, he tried to buy me $10,000 curtains for our home. I told him no. He kept insisting. I finally screamed in rage I didn't want them or anything else before he would listen to me. Crazy. He's crazy and I became crazy. He also had the nerve to throw accusations that I wasn't happy unless he bought me something. I suppose that is easier to believe than to humble ones self and admit their out of control with addiction.

Here's is what is guaranteed...your AH will continue to have bouts of "niceness", though it is arguable if it's really nice, but he will most assuredly return to the cold, aloof, and mean person he is when drinking because he is in denial and seems perfectly comfortable being in that place. Unfortunately for us co-dependents, we are good at helping them be comfortable in their disease unwittingly.

Stay safe. Keep making your plans. Always have helpful numbers accessible for an emergency. Wouldn't hurt, if you can, to open a bank account that you can use to start putting money in little by little for an emergency with all banking information going to a new unknown email address. I'm glad you've found an outlet here with people who get it. I'm praying for you...hugs.