View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Spacegoat

My sponsor has been saying this to me that action is where the recovery happens. He also states that I am a serious procrastinator while another person I converse with jokingingly says he thinks I do suffer from it indeed. Been meaning to start a thread on that because I've tried reading into it- apparently it stems from a fear of not being accurately able to predict the future i.e. tomorrow, next week etc...

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
I never thought of myself as a 'doer' or as a person of 'action.' I'm more of a thinker. I'm the daydreamer, intellectual, overly analytical type. The kind of person who's always in her own head.
I'm the same as yourself and others here, bigtime. Thing is though, about the habits and whatnot… These were and are coping mechanisms, right? So it ain't all that easy to just not utilize them. I wrote a little poem earlier in the year (while drunk) about 'The Only Refuge I Have Ever Known'. I was referring to my mind. So this is a real conundrum for me, absolutely. It's pissing me off even thinking about it lol...