Old 07-21-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Welp ~

I'll give your Ideas on moving in here all the consideration they deserve!

I told MesaMate that these 80 Acres would be the poifect spot to start 'The Mesa Compound For Wayward Cheerleaders'. Civic-minded Dude that I am. Couldn't get her to sign on, for some silly reason. O'Well, another grand idea of mine bites the dust.

True story... Some Mennonites down the Road are making 'Doomsday Pods' out of Shipping Containers to hole up in when SHTF. They advise burying them with a fresh Air Inlet sticking up. Problem is, the Roof won't support Dirt. Only the Steel Corners are really strong on Shipping Containers. Whoopsie!

In ~5 Minutes - at 19:00 Hours Mountain Time - our local non-Commercial, Hip_Eye Mountain Radio Station broadcasts live Music from the Park in Ridgway CO. Former Home of Dennis Weaver [of Gunsmoke fame]. Dennis was into Earthship Homes, and lived in one there. This Big City Band sounds like it'll kick it hard. Usually a ~1.5 Hour Live Broadcast or so. Click on the 'Listen Live' Icon on the Webpage top right.

- KVNF.org -

Last detail before we bore everyone silly, Sober P.. 500 and 900 Watt Cooktop Burners = 1,700 and 3,060 BTUs, respectively. Slip into something comfy while Cooking because those low BTUs levels will make for mighty leisurely Cooking Times! Another Reason that Propane rocks it... Beside a proper RV 3 Burner Cooktop/Oven, I've got a portable 2 Burner Propane Cooktop for inside/outside use. A Gift. $50-, tops.

EDIT: Tech Difficulties prevent the Park Music Broadcast tonight. Bummer. Last Week, a slow 'Net Connection made for lots of 'stutter', and tedious listening. Guess they couldn't get that problem fixed...