Old 07-21-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
bigsombrero

Great opener, Weasel. I am also at the beginning of a new decade (my 40's) and I often find myself wishing I didn't waste the years between 25-35. My voice tells me that I'll never be able to emotionally recover from that train wreck. But you know what? Screw that. I'm not done either!

I often spend a lot of time wondering what others think of me. It's been a lifelong distraction for me. Recently, I've taken a break from posting on many online forums and stayed away from facebook - and I've noticed it's been good for my internal compass. I've never been the type to "keep up with the Joneses", regardless of how well or terrible things go for me. And it's nice to be back in that headspace.

I just got back home after 2 weeks in the USA. Got some biz taken care of, and most importantly I spent quality time with all of my family members. I feel refreshed and ready to quietly relax and enjoy the simple things here. I have my own pad, nice scenery and entertainment and a sober mind to use and enjoy. What more does a guy want? Looking forward to settling back into my happy routine - and sleeping in my own bed tonight. Simple pleasures rule!