Old 07-18-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SlickRick07

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm sorry that you're discouraged right now. I agree that moving in with your parents would be a mistake because they will pull you down. My suggestion is to take any job, get out there and work at a minimum wage job if you have to, but work. You will feel better about yourself and you can continue your job search while working. Also, every person you meet is an opportunity to help you find a job. If you're working in a low-paying job, take advantage of the situation and talk to people. Talk to your customers and tell them you are looking for a job in your field. You never know when things might work out. I wish you well.
I wish I could. I worked 2 jobs for the majority of my college time and can't go back. I'd rather live on the streets than do that again. I know its stupid, but I've put so much time and effort into this, that I can't go back. If that was the case, I wouldn't have wasted my time going to college. I worked 6 months with 2 days off during that span. I know you are just trying to help, I'm just frustrated.

But, deep down, I'll be homeless before I work minimum wage again. You don't get out of poverty. Employers see that and don't think you are capable of more. What sucks is I have such awesome references. Two of the hospital directors have told me to use them as references. But, no one calls. If it takes being homeless, than that is what it takes.