View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Yep.

When I was 14 years old, I awoke in my underwear in my mom's basement, confused and befuddled and covered in my own vomit.

Assuring her that "everything was FINE", I angrily stormed off to bed and passed out.

I awoke again several hours later to the police and my father who'd driven from 8 hours away.

It was the first time I'd been drunk.

I kept on drinking for another 25 years.

It didn't get to an obvious daily 'problem' for about 20 of those years.... but along the way there were plenty of times that alcohol was clearly a negative impact to my life. Arrests. DUIs. Relationship troubles. Hangovers. So. Many. Hangovers. Impairment of judgement. Debt. So. Much. Debt. So many missed occasions and moments. So much time wasted. So many calories. So much liver strain.... so much health impact......

It gets worse..... and gradually worse.... and bit by bit worse.... until one day, there is a tipping point and things accelerate.

Good news though..... embrace sobriety and it gets better.... and gradually better... and better.... until one day there is a tipping point and things are absolutely fantastic.