Thread: need to share
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
DustyDreams

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post
Hi Dusty -

Detaching, for me, and I am sure for many people here, was a long process. I am still in the process.... It is absolutely no over night occurrence. I believe it is because it truthfully is unnatural. I married my AH, gave my all to him, two became one, planned to be with him until the day I die, and now I am expected to detach completely from him?? One must become two again? Just doesn't seem right. It sounds like that is what you are experiencing. A lot of emotions come along with detachment. For me, grief and loneliness were two of the main. While I was realizing I was detaching I was also coming to terms with how real the possibility of our future not being an option any more really was.
You're exactly right about that! Anger and grief are the primary emotions I'm dealing with right now (regarding our relationship anyhow). Even though I know this is all real, sometimes I have a feeling of absolute disbelief that after 5+ years of sharing our lives with one another and with plans to marry and start a family, that we ended up here. At what feels like a dead end. Any advice for coping with all of the changing emotions? I vary quite a bit and pretty quickly, and I find it quite confusing at times.