View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
behindblueyes

Maybe my boss is reading this.

I am in a strange stuation.

As many of you know, I was in trouble with the law recently and it was a non-traffic offense. I have cleaned myself up and am not going out and am sober.

However, every time I go into work, my boss says "Did you get into trouble this weekend"? Or something similar. This has been going on over a month now. When I go to leave work, he laughs and says things like "What are you doing tonight, getting into trouble?" I really don't know how to answer these questions.

He knows nothing of the offense (that I know of) and it wasn't in the paper. He has over 200 employees to worry about and wouldn't just background check me.

But, yesterday we were talking about the weather and I said casually I may have to sleep on the landing because it is so hot where I live. He said he's sure I have passed out there before coming home late and he laughed.

I don't find this funny at all as I am at my most sober point in years and I try to change the subject.

The final straw for me was when I volunteered to work last night because I had no plans and he said he couldn't believe I wasn't going out on a Friday night. Then, he texted me at 10pm giving me updates about a special project. He has never texted or called after I left work. I know it was to see if I was sober or would answer. I really need that job and have been there for years. I am afraid of losing my job if I say something. Help? Thanks.