View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Flossyteacake

Thank you to everyone.

The gratitude idea sounds a good one. I know when I have done that previously, it has always made me feel better. It definitely helps keep things in perspective, so I'm going to commit to posting in a gratitude thread daily.

A de-stressing component is definitely an obvious thing to add to my plan. Things are certainly out of whack at the moment, in part, because I'm pushing myself to tackle an impossible mountain of work. The world will keep spinning regardless of what I do at work. I need to remember this and not let it get on top of me. I aint that important. I will spend more time with the children, less time working on reports and more time reading. I might even make some of those books recovery type books. More looking after me, less worrying about everyone and everything else.

Volunteering is something I'm trying to do a little. Only small things - helping out with literacy groups at my daughter's school, doing her Guide unit's accounts, serving on the school committe. For the most part, I enjoy it. I just don't like doing it when it feels like another job to do. Starting the new role (which has more flexibility and better life-work balance) should help here, too.

Thank you all again. It's given me food for thought and helped get things in perspective.