View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sunshine1234

Originally Posted by lggirl View Post
My husband has been in and out of rehab/recovery for over a year and continues to relapse. I'm in the process of separation and wondering if anyone knows a recommended timeframe for him to see our 4 yo daughter? My therapist says 30-90 days sober. Right now he's not in any treatment not even meetings. TIA
Hi...I'm in a similar boat and am currently separated from my husband and we have two small children. I am currently living with my parents and he stayed in the house. I was advised by a lawyer to only allow him supervised visitation until he can submit to a clean hair follicle test. To date he is not agreed to go take the test, so he has been seeing the children over at my parents house while I or my parents are here. Once I decide to proceed with the divorce I am going to request the same thing from the judge and my lawyer seems to think that would not be a problem. My lawyer is very adamant though that I need to allow him to see the children...supervised of course. She states "withholding" them from him would not look good in front of the judge. Have you consulted a lawyer yet or are you not even looking to go in that direction yet?