View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
2ndhandrose
under new management

Originally Posted by Bunny211 View Post
Thanks everyone!
I actually did join a meet up. Now I just need to go to some of the events the groups I joined offer! That would help, huh?
And I agree...vegging out can be bliss. My life IS pretty busy. Tuesday is my one night off each week and at lunch on Monday I went to a library book sale and bought 4 books for $4! I came home Tuesday, cooked dinner, and sat and read for 4 hours. THAT was pure bliss for me!
I think part of it is my sponsor is pushing me to meet more people and make more friends. But honestly, last weekend I spent a lot of time at the beach, went on some walks etc. with friends from AA and had a great time. My sponsor keeps suggesting local theater or music but honestly, on my one or two nights off per week I'd rather meet a friend for dinner and a movie, pack a picnic and eat at the beach or sit at home quietly and read a book.

So I guess I am asking myself...why am I pushing myself to cram more activities into my life when I am pretty content with it the way it is? I guess I just feel like I don't DO anything. But I do! I work my recovery. I work with my sponsor. I work with my sponsee. I attend meetings. I pray and meditate. I work full time. I go to church. I walk 3x a week. I have a standing Thursday dinner date with a friend. I go to the beach. I read. I guess I'm doing better than I thought.
Sounds like a pretty full life to me!

Now I am wondering if I am doing enough

Seriously, though, Bunny, it really does sound like a good life. And it will evolve as you need it to.