Thread: some AA issues
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
stevieg46

Hi Effort Joy . I can understand exactly how you have been feeling, the thoughts buzzing about your head , like , don't like AA, . As has been mentioned, and I am giving you the facts as it states in the book'' Alcoholics Anonymous'' , what can be heard at meetings can be correct or incorrect , people with short or long term sobriety , some work the steps some don't . and a lot of misinformation gets passed about .

Now its no wonder people can get confused , now if you want AA to really work for you ? first things you do is ask for help from somebody that is working the AA program in their life , that means they are ''Armed With The Facts '' .

Facts are, that nowhere in the Book does it say that alcoholism is a ''disease '' it claims its an illness , it talks ''once only '' of a Spiritual Disease which the book refers as a spiritual malady . As Awuh explained AA program is entirely suggested , so one ''chooses '' . Funny enough AA also says in the book , if you are not convinced ?then head to the nearest bar and do some experimental drinking again one ''chooses '' no demands are made anywhere .

AA does suggest that finding a Power greater than yourself ''of your choosing '' or God as you understand him/her any faith or religion , non faith non religion again ''choose or not ''

And it doesn't demand any money of anybody , a token donation if you can afford it ''choice '' Non political , Anonymous , no second names .no form filling

Personally I don't find anything disturbing or controversial '' choice '' its simple just stay or stay away its as simple as that , no one will ever get well or recover anywhere by attending a place they do not like or believe in'' will they''.

Point is I would rather be sitting in some recovery based fellowship thinking I might be an alcoholic than outside the rooms making out I am not , so its down to ''choice '' drink or not ? live or die ? suffer or not ? =choose , I wish you well whatever you choose take care .

Regards Stevie recovered 12 03 2006