Thread: some AA issues
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
effortjoy

my own plan

Thank you so much for all of these helpful replies and links. The truth is there seems to be something worthwhile and relevant to me in each of these recovery programs, including AA. I think I need to be able to use what helps me in each of them and ignore what doesn't. It's interesting because sobriety is in some ways similar to marathon training; there are so many different approaches to success and I need to be able to extract what works from each approach and then tailor it to my own needs. I also realized that feeling like I am "hitting the wall" in training runs and in races is like that moment when I want to binge drink- I feel like I have nothing left inside me to fight back- but the miracle is, that this is never true. I have literally run beyond that wall every time; when we feel like we have nothing left we are often at only 40 percent of our physical, emotional and spiritual capacity, we just need to dig a little deeper and find that strength we all have to take one more step. And then the next. And like every person on this forum who has something crucial to contribute to everyone else; every recovery program has something I can make a part of my own plan. I thought in order to use AA, I had to do all the steps, now I understand I can just use the ones that help me. thank you everyone!

Dee
SR[/QUOTE]