Thread: Too late?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 11:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LeelooDaless

Question Too late?

My husband and myself stopped drinking April 24th. 2 weeks after he developed fatigue, weight loss. He got bounced around a bit then 10 days ago I took him to the ER with pain and ascites. I knew something wasn't right. They diagnosed pancreatitis, portal vein thrombus and hypertension as well as gallstones and varicies. The doc says he has liver disease and it's failing, but she hasn't done biopsy or any scans of the liver and his labs look ok. They drained 7 liters of fluid out of him and basically sent him home on diruetics. I'm very confused. They discharged him and told him to follow up with GI but he is still having ascites.. he looks 6 months pregnant right now. I am taking him back to the ER shortly. I am just sitting here worried and anxious and watching him just wither away. He's lost 30+ pounds in the last month. I guess I just need some hope right now. It feels like a freight train we didn't see coming. I can't seem to get any concrete info from the docs. I need to know what I am dealing with. I am trying to be strong and take care of everything but I feel like I'm going to crash myself....