View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mac6367

A "One-a-Month" Resolution

And no, I'm not talking one drink a month!!!

So, after a month of sobriety (33 days and counting... ), I kind of realized that, hey, I can do it. I managed to quit doing something that my life revolved around. However, in the past few days, I've been feeling pretty crappy so I was thinking of other ways I could improve myself. Luckily that should be easy - I have tons of bad habits!

This month, I'm giving up energy drinks. I ended up resorting to energy drinks because I was so tired (hungover) all the time when I was drinking. From there, it definitely became an addiction. Since quitting drinking my red bull consumption has gone way up. On some level, I was consciously replacing alcohol with red bull. At work, I'd think that I'm not entertaining enough so I'd drink a ton of Red Bull to get a burst of energy. Lately, I've been getting headaches and getting dizzy when I bend over and get back up too quickly. Probably from drinking 70+ ounces of red bull in a day.

Today was my first day without. That's not to say I've given up caffeine entirely. I had 5 cups of coffee and 2 sodas. I'm not cutting it all out this month because I know I'll get horrendous headaches, and then I'll give up. I picked a big change this month, but I think I'm going to feel a lot better.

The next few months will probably be smaller things. I think next month I'll cut out all soda, that way I'll just be drinking coffee and water! I'm also a cigarette smoker, but I don't feel comfortable enough in my sobriety to give it up. I know that right now I don't want to quit enough (even though I should...) to be successful, and I think a failure would be a pretty setback for me. I don't deal well with failure! Haha.

I'm already feeling better today, and each month I'll have something new to work toward. I'm in an extended process of bettering myself and it makes me really happy.