View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ovrslov

First day back in the forum...

Hey everyone. I haven't been in this forum in a while. I went back off the wagon. Once again, I thought a social drink wouldn't hurt. Then it led to more frequent drinking. Which led to drinking and not handling my responsibilities and committments. Then Friday night my friends and I went to a family-friend Fourth of July event. We were all drinking. Yet, I, of course, took it too far. Let's just say there were delusions and my imagination created events that did not happen, crying (for no known reason), acting like a fool, and embarrassing my friends. When I woke up yesterday morning, I unfortunately remembered a great deal of my foolishness and cried from embarrassment. It has also striked up many health issues for me. So yesterday morning, I decided it was time for a change. For a new and better me. I can't erase the mistakes I've made when drinking, and will unfortunately have to find a way to deal with the shame that I feel from the things I have done. But it's not too late to try and do the right thing. So here is to my second day sober, and with determination and will power, many more to come!