View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
sg1970

Fripfrop,

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago. Early sobriety was a rough place for me. My brain and body were all out of kilter. I didn't know how to cope and live. I wanted everything fixed right then or to know how relationships were going to work out right then. I was mentally beating the crap out of myself for the past.

I got what I believe was some very good advice back then. It was suggested that I quit worrying so much about my relationships and my past. My main focus should be on sobriety, recovery, and what I can do that is positive right now. Without worrying about how things would work out and with no expectations just be the best father, husband, or friend I could be that day. The one I hadn't been. Focus on recovery and learning how to live happily sober. It took a lot of work on myself. None of it was easy but it was all worth it. Living in self pity is the worst place to be but no one has to stay there.

And as far as negativity. It is your sobriety. Don't let anyone stop you. You are the only person that can determine how this goes. Take everything you can from wherever you can get it to help you. Not just to not drink but to change the way you view and respond to life. An AA meeting might suck but I've always gotten at least one little thing that helps at one. A thread here can be the same way. And do realize as someone else said we can be a little sensitive in early sobriety. And there can be some tough love in recovery. You just have to plow through and come out a winner on the other side.

Hang in there because it is so worth it!