View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
fripfrop

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
IME trust is impossible to rebuild when the drinking continues. I didn't trust my mother for a VERY long time after she quit (and I knew when there were relapses, even if the rest of my family said I was imaging things - I KNEW, my radar was so in tune with her**. And it will take plenty of time for my parents (and my brother, which is in some ways a much tougher situation) to trust me. They may only getting to 99% trusting my sobriety because they are parent and worry, because of what I put them through, because they are human and I hurt them desperately.

BUT. I will tell you that no matter how grown your children are, children WANT to be able to forgive parents, and vice versa. Even the angriest, most hurt among us want to be able to trust and love our family. No matter what we say.

But if you are still drinking- no dice.

I hope you can still that inner voice enough to get sober and try for that regain. You have to get sober for you, but as others have said, that trust can come after diligent, consistent, sober ACTION.

I bet it's not too late. And you as well as them will be glad if you all get there.
I hope it's not too late!
I hear what you are saying, I wanted nothing more than my dad to get sober, even though I am an adult.
Trust is a difficult thing, I don't even trust myself at the moment, so I can't blame them for not trusting me.
I do NEED for that nagging voice to stop!
And of course, only I can stop it, because it's me!
I'm such a mess of a human being