View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Itchy
Re-Member

Sassy, you wrote :
"I woke up late (or rather, later than usual) and it's been popping with posts here. This is one of those times I thought of all kinds of responses I wanted to make but have now forgotten them so will give up on that for today. My warmest thoughts for all today and so happy you are all here. "

Those posts after were the forgotten ones you forgot you forgot and got to post not forgotten yet forgetting you forgot what you got later.

Glad you liked the quote. As for the rainfall, we also have more humidity and higher temperatures this year, and those much earlier than ever before.

Thanks V love yours too! Hugz kiddo!
Hey was this milestone your longest? I thought you'd relapsed after several years. Hoo boy then double the grats!

FBL,
That IS remarkable having an old daytime soap, despite the vampire themes, re-releasing the whole shebang. I never was a fan of day time soaps, except one that came on at night as a spoof of the soaps briefly called "Soap." Soap (TV Series 1977?1981) - IMDb

RZ,
I'd heard of PET scans but never saw one done in my life in hospitals before I turned to guns as a living. The CAT or CT is a tiny ring and when they scheduled me for one some years back I was afraid it was a big claustrophobic tube. It was just a foot deep and no claustrophobia was triggered. I had to look up PET and it is like the MRI scanner in that it is a long tube. MRIs make a lot of noise and though never claustrophobic in my life, those tubes make me stay on the edge of control for about 45 minutes. I may have to ask for sedation next time.
Modern medicine is great but there are some things that challenge our reptilian Medulla Oblongata.

Star,
You wrote " This is hard work "not" doing something." Well said! Although it does get so easy some idiots think they are now normies and can moderate. I am one that is recovered and will not relapse because I drank my fill already. And it helps that at the end of my drinking I got yeasty mouth from drinking so much beer, not a yeast infection just that nasty hops and yeast taste that you get in a hangover except mine was 24/7 because of my 24/7 drinking! I hate the thought of the taste of alcohol now. The effects even less. The hard work never stops, but we do eventually turn all that effort to profitable enterprise, be they emotionally enriching or financially rewarding.
Life doesn't get better, we do!

Dharma,
I am tickled at your enjoyment of AA. I may just need to find another one here that is humanist/secular/atheist to go to. I am not an atheist, just a confirmed agnostic (contradiction in terms intentional).
MY oldest son was born in 1973! I was born in 1952 So figuring out your age is easy for me.

I watched a lot of the syndicated shows from the 50's in the 1960s like you watched the reruns of The Monkees. I watched the old Abbot and Costello shows and "The Life Of Riley, The Young Rascals, Jack Benney, The Bowery Boys, and 3 Stooges. It seems we young kids get the free shows on TV from the previous decade.

Wolf!

Mags,
Glad it was so easy for your scan! Sorry you feel badly when around wet paint. I love the smell of latex paint but only after they are done when sprayed on, and no particles in the airHoping for the best for you kiddo!

FBL,
It must be Hump Day!!!

Dee - thanks for the new thead!

Afternoon Drake!

IP,
Take a step back when you start feeling deprived of alcohol. You are also being deprived of hangovers, embarrassment at behaviors, Literally being sick and tired, and spending money to process it.

May the Fourth be with you!

Blue!
I Grok! That would be me, the ultimate Heinlein fan (TANSTAAFL!) I loved "Friday" too, his last book I think. If you loved those you have got to get a physical copy of "Time Enough For Love." In the middle of the book are 10 or so pages of Heinlein quotes/aphorisms, later published as the notbooks of Lazarus Long. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_No...f_Lazarus_Long

I say go with your gut. Flowers sounds good to me.

Hi Toots!

Wolf,
Anything Heinlein is a great read, even his early SciFi thrillers aimed at a younger audience.
Goodnight bud!

I did nothing today but take a break from the heat and humid yard work. I towed a friend's trailer and mower down to be repaired with my new to me truck as his was in the shop. I reconnected with my oldest friend and found he was still not retired (he is 2 years my junior,) I talked him into going back to school in our thirties to SIU for Industrial engineering degrees. He went on to own his own manufacturing plant for a worldwide high demand professional product, I went on to the AirForce and run thge largest set of facilities for shooting handguns, rifles, light medium and heavy machine guns, shoulder fired rockets, Shotguns and grenade launchers, in the USAF.
Great last 20 years of my military career.

Brexit is affecting all of the manufacturing companies because they are al;ready getting contacted by the British standards and licensing folks as the EU standards may not be the ones accepted by the UK. And that is only the start.

Here's an American comedianne on the Brexit:

Last edited by Dee74; 06-29-2016 at 11:44 PM. Reason: 9