View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BlueFairy

Hey, Awhile back someone posted about Stranger in a Strange land here--that is my favorite book--closely tied with Friday by the same author.
I am in a bit of a dilemma here. The old job I was passed over for is up for grabs again and the meat mgr. wants me to apply for it. With the changeover I am really tempted. The main thing is the hours- my floral job at Haggen had me about 20-25 hours, always off by 4:30 with 2 consecutive days off at least every week. Now I am working 40 hours, split days 9-6. this would be great if I could sleep until 7 but husband's alarm goes off at 5:30 and it's impossible to go back to sleep after that plus 6 is late to get off--late to eat dinner and late to try to work out. Also I have 4 weeks of vacation every year and no way to take it since I am the only one in my dept. (you have to use it up every year--it doesn't roll over) I know my old job like the back of my hand and they guys running the dept. are like my brothers but I feel like I would be making a mistake. My higher power says to stay put where I am--I really love floral and I know the craziness right now will die down and that I can learn it and get used to the schedule and maybe even get someone for back up so I can get time off but there is also the 65 and out clause in the meat contract that is exclusive to meat--years of experience + age =retire. I can also see myself doing the floral longer as well though-it's definitely less intensive physically. I also would be railroading over someone else to get the job and since it was done to me I wouldn't feel good about doing it to someone else . I'm so tired and worn out I'm not thinking well either darn it and I need to make a decision fast.