Old 06-27-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Dreamygal

Advice on my husband please! ( I'm the alcoholic)

Good morning!

I am 6 days sober today and I would like to ask some advice.

I've put a lot of effort into being sober, I'm doing daily prayer, meditation and excersise. I'm also doing more with my children. I was an alcoholic for 8 years.

My husband is a jahova witness, I am Christian but don't really go to church. He asked me two weeks ago if we could have a family bible study, I said maybe, but I want to use my bible and I need to read mine first . I don't want my children brought up jahova witness. We discussed this before marriage and rules were set in place.

Yesterday because I was not in the best of moods, he asked if I had been drinking, very nicely I may add. And I told him no. I got agitated at that. He then brought up the fact that we had not some bible study yet, when I said I need more time to think about it, he was very angry saying that since he was the head of the household, the blame would be put on him by God . He then sat downstairs and said I'm doing a bible study every Sunday and if you all don't do it with me then I will look a fool.

This all started after a dream he had that that something was going to happen if he did not change his ways and change the family's ways in regards to religion.

I feel he is not fully seeing that I am in early recovery and don't need any more stress! Advice would be very very welcome.