Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
airyfairy123

Exclamation Hi all - new to the forum, desperate for help

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've used a forum for this purpose and I have to admit it's quite scary. Scary as I've actually for the first time committed to words that my drinking is way, way out of control and has been for a long while. I have literally lost everything due to it - my 2 year old son, long term relationship, home (ended up in a hostel) and although now I've got council housing if I don't sort myself out I'll lose that too.

This weekend I ended up collapsed in town and going to A&E (again) and had my mobile and purse stolen. This is because I put myself in continually dangerous situations purely as a result of drinking.

I can seem to go a short while without drinking but then it's like something clicks in my head, and I go right back to square one. It's been like this for years, and I'm only 30. My family don't understand it and neither do the few friends I have left.

So.... that's my story more or less. I found my way to here, now I need to navigate life in a sober manner and stop this awful self-destructive pattern.

Thanks