Notices

Hi all - new to the forum, desperate for help

Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Hi all - new to the forum, desperate for help

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've used a forum for this purpose and I have to admit it's quite scary. Scary as I've actually for the first time committed to words that my drinking is way, way out of control and has been for a long while. I have literally lost everything due to it - my 2 year old son, long term relationship, home (ended up in a hostel) and although now I've got council housing if I don't sort myself out I'll lose that too.

This weekend I ended up collapsed in town and going to A&E (again) and had my mobile and purse stolen. This is because I put myself in continually dangerous situations purely as a result of drinking.

I can seem to go a short while without drinking but then it's like something clicks in my head, and I go right back to square one. It's been like this for years, and I'm only 30. My family don't understand it and neither do the few friends I have left.

So.... that's my story more or less. I found my way to here, now I need to navigate life in a sober manner and stop this awful self-destructive pattern.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome airyfairy

I rememer how scary it was to post here fopr the first time...but it was huge relief for me to know I'd found a place where people understood my problem.

I know you'll find a lot of help and support here too - glad you found us

D
Old 06-27-2016, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by airyfairy123 View Post

This weekend I ended up collapsed in town and going to A&E (again) and had my mobile and purse stolen. This is because I put myself in continually dangerous situations purely as a result of drinking.
I remember the pain caused by my drinking.

Welcome to the site airyfairy.

You can do it -- one sober day at a time.

M-Bob
Old 06-27-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi airy-fairy
Old 06-27-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. It's hard at first, getting sober, but the rewards are worth the effort.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - feel a bit like I wasted today as I've just been napping. Managed to sort my bookshelf out, but that's all. I'll try take a bath later but for now staying in my room and just dealing with the lovely symptoms of withdrawal is sapping my energy.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome. I am also a very destructive drinker. I've lost count of the number of times I've been in the ER or arrested by police. I don't get in such trouble every time I drink, but every time I get in trouble I have been drinking. I have to stop drinking for good if I ever want a happy, productive life. I joined AA and it had been great so far. 38 days sober.
Have you considered AA or rehab?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
Welcome. I am also a very destructive drinker. I've lost count of the number of times I've been in the ER or arrested by police. I don't get in such trouble every time I drink, but every time I get in trouble I have been drinking. I have to stop drinking for good if I ever want a happy, productive life. I joined AA and it had been great so far. 38 days sober.
Have you considered AA or rehab?
Hi, thanks. Yes it is really hard and every time I'm in trouble it's been because of alcohol. Never when I'm sober - so it IS a problem. I think I'll try AA, need to find a meeting near to me. It'd be easier if I could see my son, or my EX and family were actually serious about supporting me. I asked, but I'm on my own
Old 06-28-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome! Your son is two years old right? if you get sober now you will have a chance to be with him because he is very little still. It's hard but your kid should be a very strongt motivation. best of luck Keep coming we are all on the same boat.