View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Celi....she will manage to get alcohol no matter what you do. An alcoholic who has the compulsion to drink is a most resourceful creature.
You cannot manage this situation by simply cutting off her supply. There is much more to it.... This is why treatment is so important.
Of course there is the question of willingness and motivation to quit.....
And, there might be other factors at play which complicate things..like, maybe, depression, etc......

Moving with her to a distant location.....EEEk!.... I hope you will think very seriously about the unintended consequences of that one!
One might be the effect of uprooting the children from their familiar schools, friends, etc. They also have established residency, at present location,,,so that she and they would be eligible for more social services.....

It is not lost on me (and others) that this is very complicated....much, much, more so..because of innocent and vulnerable children involved.
But, I don't see that dragging them to a distant location is going to help one bit....
And...the fact that love, alone, is not enough. If so, none of us would be here on this forum....(That is a hard o ne to accept, I know.).....

It sounds like things have spiraled downward to drastic proportions. Drastic situations can require drastic actions.....

don't hesitate to get professional help for yourself and to guide you through this very difficult time.....
don't ever be afraid to ask for help......

dandylion