View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Delizadee

My one drink turned into three a few nights later turned into 2 months of gradual increase and trying to taper. Times about 17. Soon going into two years of this nonsense.

Not everyone is a binge bender alcoholic. Lots of people fool themselves right back into the deep dark hole of dependency.

From the sneaky, slope and right at the bottom, I beg you- just don't.
If I could take those umpteen one drinks back and save myself from the blind slip and slide I would in a heart beat. It ain't worth it.

Try and look at this way... if you're already reasoning it treat as a relapse BEFORE you take that one drink.

Throw everything you've got at it now. By the time you've taken that one drink it's like you've dug the grave, lowered the coffin in, gotten in to check it out, thought about laying down in there to see what it's like, laid down, closed the lid to see if that's bad, thinking this can't really happen to me, I've gotten out of the hole before, then closed your eyes and let the earth start falling in on you. We just don't get it we'renot digging a new hole- just digging ourselves deeper and it gets harder and harder to climb out. When you dig slow, you don't realize how small that hole of light is getting at the top every time.

So dramatic. It happens so slow and logically for some of us. But it doesn't ever get better when just back in the hole. It just gets harder and harder each time to get out.

Stop digging the hole and get out now. You're already in pretty deep.