View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MizFormaldehyde

Smile He's home today.

Mix of emotions, but, primarily happy. For those that don't know, my fiance went away for benzos just before Memorial Day Weekend.

He had been getting high again, but, the extent of it was the worst I've seen him in the 4 years we've been together....and he has been clean from heroin for over 2 years following a relapse which is really saying a lot. There's something about those pills... He's never been abstinent from them more than a few months .

I'm hoping that he keeps his head on straight especially with the inevitable arrival of our baby boy in as little as 5 weeks. He has been coming down from his methadone as well so that will prove even more in our favor. People tend to hang out afterwards after the clinic, doing nothing positive. It's in his own willpower to stay clean, but, being away from bad environments won't hurt.

We've only spoken on the phone since he's staying with his parents as I couldn't keep our apartment while we're waiting to move into a new one and he's been up since 5am, but, things are looking up. Let this be the year...