He's home today.

Old 06-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile He's home today.

Mix of emotions, but, primarily happy. For those that don't know, my fiance went away for benzos just before Memorial Day Weekend.

He had been getting high again, but, the extent of it was the worst I've seen him in the 4 years we've been together....and he has been clean from heroin for over 2 years following a relapse which is really saying a lot. There's something about those pills... He's never been abstinent from them more than a few months .

I'm hoping that he keeps his head on straight especially with the inevitable arrival of our baby boy in as little as 5 weeks. He has been coming down from his methadone as well so that will prove even more in our favor. People tend to hang out afterwards after the clinic, doing nothing positive. It's in his own willpower to stay clean, but, being away from bad environments won't hurt.

We've only spoken on the phone since he's staying with his parents as I couldn't keep our apartment while we're waiting to move into a new one and he's been up since 5am, but, things are looking up. Let this be the year...
Old 06-25-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

MizFormaldehyde ....
Congratulations for this new life you will bring into the world ! I pray that you and your son have a healthy 5 weeks and safe delivery.

I'm sorry that you are going thru this at a time when mothers need to be nesting and stress free.

In the end, only he can make the decision to be clean.

I learned after 20 yrs with a problem drinker and 3 yrs with a heroin addict, that their addictions had nothing to do with me. I didn't cause them, I could not control them, I could not cure them. No matter how much I made life happier, or easier for them ... their selfish addictions, were 'their' own.

Please seek out a meeting in your area. It may help you to put things in perspective. To see what you are and are not responsible for.

I learned not to build my happiness around another person, but to learn how to be happy and let those who choose to stay in our lives, find their own happiness. When the two come together ... it's because both 'want' it to be successful. One cannot carry it all.

Hugs you to,
Joie
Old 06-25-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Joie said so well what I was going to say, so I will just add my hugs and good wishes for a healthy delivery.

I am glad you are taking good care of yourself and your baby.

Hugs