Thread: "Today's Hope"
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
honeypig

June 23

This is posted from the "Today's Hope" site of Alanon.

DAILY SLOGAN/SAYING:
I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- Nelson Mandela

DAILY REFLECTION:
Roll Away the Stone

When life is difficult, when troubles press in on me, when nothing seems to be going right, I can easily retreat into isolation. Sometimes I just need the refuge, the security of darkness. Sometimes I just need to crawl under the covers and curl up in the warmth. And that is good.

But sometimes I am trying to hide from my problems, to stay numb and pretend that it will just go away. Pretend that by sticking my head in the sand, by hiding in the dark, by not looking at the pain, it won’t find me, and I will be safe.

I have found great strength and hope in the principle that Al-Anon is a “we” program. If I roll away that stone at the entrance to the tomb, if I bring my pain, my troubles and my problems into the light, if I share that from which I am hiding or which I would rather hide from with another person and with God, then I can find resurrection to the fullness of my life.

I am learning to push away the stone and to invite the light in.

Daily share from the forum can be found here: Today's Sharing - Today's Hope