Old 06-22-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
newbeginings16

Good day Madridista93 ,
First may I say, thank you for reaching out and telling your story (a small part anyways). It sounds very similar to mine and when I stopped it felt like hell. I have suffered from extreme anxiety and bouts of depression since I was about 14. Coupled with being married twice and both were abusive and one was a crack addict (I found out after a 5 months of marriage)while, my anxiety got worse. Drinking was a way to downplay all these men were doing and saying at different points. Not many even knew I was drinking daily and yes I was on Xanax and Effexor. I put myself into counseling and my counsler mostly listened. I went to AA in a womens group and wow! They seemed to know their stuff. I was told that once I was off the alcohol and got rid of the abusive men in my life things would calm down. I could then slowly learn to wean off the Xanax. I had a clicking in my head that drove me nuts for 4 weeks until it stopped when I got off Effexor. I say contact your doc, but I am assuming that you did not tell your prescribing doc you were drinking, and if you did good for you. My experience is one that seems similar and we are all coping with different stressors. Hang in there and I do suggest daily exercise if you can as well as talk therapy. If there are major stressors in your life that you can rid yourself of, do so. The sooner you will feel relief from some of the stress and anxiety. Good luck!