Old 06-22-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Dahalk

I am just now starting down this road. I promised my wife after every time she caught me drinking... and that it would be the last time it would happen. About 10 times over a 6 month period.

I owned up to something the other day when she caught me again. After she caught me and i just went upstairs and wanted to lock myself in a closet. She then came up and asked me about something. Bout 5 months ago i had a few shots and then waited over 2 hours before driving. After i drove my whole family in the car she said i was acting weird. I said i was tired\medicine\blood sugar etc.. i dont remember what i said at the time. She asked me if i had been actually drinking back on that date.. i cried and said yes.

I guess my take away from the question on this post... it probably depends how many times you have hurt the person and broke trust each time. Me.... i put my family in danger and i doub't we will ever go back to the way we were. She said that she would have left me a while back if she was not reliant on me financially. That stung me the most and i am fully commited to beating this. Went to my first AA meeting last night and now i am seriously considering bringing God into my life. I have been agnostic for a long time now and i have been doing a lot of soul searching these past few days.