Old 06-16-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
honeypig

Eauchiche, I think part of the reason no one is addressing how awful a codie can be to live with is b/c that wasn't the question asked by the OP. I think another part of the reason is that many (most?) of us have already spent some time believing that we ARE the cause of our A's drinking. We don't need anyone else suggesting that it's all our fault; we've lived w/that already, beaten ourselves up about it already, agonized over that already and tiptoed on eggshells/twisted ourselves into pretzels to avoid "causing" a drinking bout already. For us, healing involves realizing we are NOT the cause (remember the 3 C's?).

A healthy person's response to an unhappy or stressful situation would be to work to change it or if that wasn't possible, to get out of it, NOT to drink to "mask the pain" and hide and lie about the drinking. Whether the codie is "miserable to live with" or not, he/she is NOT causing the A to respond to the situation by drinking alcoholically. That is on the A.

With that said, here are the 5 G's for us on the F&F side, and I think they are equally as valid as the 3 C's:
Get off the A's back.
Get out of the A's way.
Give the A to God.
Get yourself to a meeting.
Get on with your life.