Old 02-19-2003, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Beachbum

I'm not responsible for him legally. There are no homes or institutions anymore since the laws changed a few years ago. They have to be a danger to themselves or others and it's very very hard to prove. Schizophrenics are usually on their best behavior at the dr.'s office or an emergency room if you can get them in to see someone.

We were bf and gf for a few years until that type of relationship ended. Now he's just kinda "there". The drinking is irritating because he drinks and drives for one thing and then doesn't do anything around the house.

I used to think it was all his mental illness but since he has the good sense to go to Atlanta or go to the bar everyday and socialize I feel like I'm just enabling him by babying him.

Social Security wouldn't let him directly have his checks and since he lived with me I'm the payee.

He has no where to go but I'm sure his mom would end up helping him since she still gives him money. She used to support him b4 he moved in with me.

If I want a bf I'm gonna have to get him outta the house and really think about moving on with my life. He's a sweet guy but is really useless to all of us at home.