View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 02:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Peppered1

Originally Posted by WeakGirl View Post
Your instincts were spot on.

You got up and ran? That's perfectly fine. You're allowed to exit however you need to exit.

It may make me sound cold-hearted, but on some level, I think a clean break is the best break when it is possible. Emotional speeches about the hows and whys only leave room for the person being left to argue, beg or plead. Reasons sound like things they can promise to fix in an attempt to save the relationship. I've done it. "You don't like breathing? I won't breathe anymore!!!" I only have one ex whom I still cherish and his breakup speech was, "I don't want to be a couple anymore." Nothing more and nothing less.

In the end, I think you have to take care of you. No one else is going to do it for you.
Thank you. I needed to hear this today as was toying with the idea of a letter but you are right, i agree with you completely, a clean break is best if you can. Its him who has suggested in past about being friends but i explained I cant do that. Drugs or no drugs i am kind of person who cant have contact till i am over it (or as over it as a person can be) and the feelings are gone.