Thread: My story
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by TallGuyUK View Post
I realise now that alcohol has been a contributory if not the sole factor in causing my bad behaviour and poor decisions.
Originally Posted by TallGuyUK View Post
I would be interested to know if any others have experienced and/or carried out 'sexual deviance' because of being drunk that has now gone since quitting booze?
I think you answered your own question in the first half of your message ;-) Most of us have done hateful/shameful/illegal/immoral things while we were drunk. There's really no concrete answer as to "why" but it's a very good bet to say that alcohol contributed to it.

Whether or not these traits "go away" after we quit drinking really depends on how one goes about their recovery. If you simply "don't drink" then some of the traits may continue. AKA - the addiction will just transfer to something else or the addictive habits will continue even after removing alcohol.

Also keep in mind that many of us have underlying conditions that need to be treated separately ( Depression, anxiety, PTSD, physical health issues, etc ). Stopping the drink is a necessary first step to help with these conditions, but it isn't a cure in itself.