View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 12:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
fripfrop

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Stayed up too late watching that British documentary on alcoholism "Rain in My Heart" that I'd always heard talked about on these forums in the past. Truly devastating and heartbreaking look at four low-bottom alcoholics in England from 2006. If you're feeling trigger-y at all right now, I don't know if I'd recommend it as I could see some using that alcoholic logic of "Well, I'm not as bad as those folks" as a reason to continue drinking, but then again the stories are so horrific that maybe it'd make someone realize that's where they're headed if they don't stop now. It's available on YouTube if anyone wants to watch it. Not linking it here as there is some bad language and some rough scenes in it. Anyways, I personally really enjoyed it, though maybe it wasn't the best movie to start after midnight before wanting to go to bed. I may need to stay up a litte later and cleanse my mind with a silly sitcom or something.

First well done on 4 months. Just wanted to reply about that "Rain in My Heart" doc. It was first shown here in 2006. Vanda died also a couple of years after it was made, Nigels daughter had set up a facebook page in memory of her dad, and posted it on there. Cannot find out any more info on Mark since then.
You make a good point, when I first saw that aired on telly here, I was already deeply in trouble with drink and had been for 8 years (but couldn't see it)..then I watched that and thought "I've got a long way to go before I'm THAT bad"..now I'm a tiny step from it, the AV likes making you feel superior to others while leading you down the same path I find