View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 09:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Berrybean

....just find myself spending my days trying to find work, thinking about people I probably shouldn't be thinking of(recent ex's), and just feeling hurt by everything all of a sudden. Maybe I have a deeper problem. My moods have just been all messed up these last few weeks....

Sounds like you've been letting resentments and self-pity creep in. They are dubious luxuries for us in recovery. I'd suggest starting with finding some way to be dealing with those, either through a counsellor, or a recovery program. Have you tried the 12-step approach? That gave me so much insight into my own resentments, fear, and self-pity, and how to go about removing them. I wouldn't be without my program of recovery at all.
When we get realky stuck in that place of resentment and self pity it can really build up fast. I think of it like a vortex. At times it just seemed too hard to even try to get out of, and then I'd just kind of give up on other stuff that made me feel better (possibly like you and the gym? I dunno). The thing is, I CAN get out of it, but it entails me being very firm with myself about whether or not I want to feel better, before I can do the necessary Acceptance and Letting Go, that dropping resentments entails, and the necessary gratitude work, and helping others that is necessary to empty my self-pity pool.