View Single Post
Old 06-13-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KiKi0615

Geeze. We ARE an active class!!! My first class was November 2015 (7 months ago) and they are only on part 11 and we're on part 20!

Some of those people from November have 7+ months of sobriety! Damn...I hope that's ME someday.

I talked to my aunt yesterday when I was drinking. I called her in tears and desperation and told her I needed answers to so many questions.

I told her I relapsed and that I was having a really hard time staying sober again. I told her about my night terrors & flash backs from my PTSD. I asked questions...lots of questions! And for the first time, someone in my family was HONEST!!!

She validated everything My mom has spent my entire life denying! (This is my mom's sister I was talking to). She and my mom are in a fight. It's stupid.

Anyway, my aunt told be that we have a LOT of alcoholism in our family! Many people I didn't even know about. She also said she witnessed some of the abuse by my mom and is so sorry that happened to me. She validated me. She believed me. FINALLY! Someone in my family said what I needed to hear! She said my mother will never change and I need to stop letting her have power over me!

Anyway, she said she supports me & my sobriety and it there for me. She lives in Texas (far from me) but I may just go see her soon! It feels so good to have some support from my bio family.

BTW, NO ONE in my family knows I relapsed except my husband and now my aunt. I've been hiding it all this time! It feels good to be honest with someone.

She agreed that alcoholism is a disease and I shouldn't be ashamed. She said she is proud of me and I'm a great person and a good mom. It was really nice to hear.

Anyway, just thought I would share...

I PROMISED her I would go back to AA and work the program and stay sober.