View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
August252015

This is a great topic.

I have found a meeting I truly enjoy and look forward to every MWF that I can go. I supplant it with other meetings (A different clubhouse with more meetings and a different overall "community vibe") that I have more mixed feelings about but think it is important to have both kinds of meetings bc my mentality is that it is always worth going; I can learn something or the acting of going itself is worthwhile.

I hope I always find meetings beneficial. I love hearing from people with 30+ years and hope to be one, if I live that long.

I am also amazed that I just wrote all that because I fought AA tooth and nail for a very long time.

All that said, though, I don't have a strict number of meetings I go to. I notice if it gets low, like only a couple a week, and correct it; four to six is a good number for me each week (I am at 107 days sober), with a meeting with my sponsor added in for book study, and time with at least one program friend, too. As I get more days, and keep rebuilding my life and schedule with work, AA, psych, other obligations, keeping meetings in mind and action will always be on my to do list, somehow.